Saturday, September 8, 2012

Carrot Cupcakes




I am a little addicted to...Cupcake Wars.  I love cupcakes...and the show amazes me with their flavours and their decorations.  I found Arleen from Sweet Arleen's carrot cupcake recipe.  For those who aren't a fan of Cupcake Wars Arleen has won Cupcake Wars and also won the super challenge against other Cupcake Wars winners.  I modified her recipe for both the cupcakes and her frosting to suit my taste and thought I'd share it with you.  I will share the recipe for the Brownies in another post.

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
(a modification of a Sweet Arleen Recipe)

Carrot Cupcakes
1c plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt (just under)
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1/2c sugar
1/2c lightly packed brown sugar
2 free range eggs
3/4c vegetable oil
1 1/4c grated carrot
1/4c roughly chopped walnuts.

Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.  Line a 12 cupcake tin with paper liners. 
In a bowl place the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg use a whisk to mix together.
In a larger bowl whisk together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just mixed.
Gently fold in grated carrot and chopped walnuts
Divide mixture equally between the 12 cupcake liners. 
Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
When cool top with cream cheese icing (you can double the recipe if you like lots of icing).

Cream Cheese Icing
125g Cream Cheese
1/3c icing sugar
1tbsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk

Place all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream until creamy.  Spread or pipe over cupcakes.

I hope you enjoy!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. ooh these look yummy
    Sorry i haven't been around much - but hopefully normal service is now resumed lol
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete